Derek has worked in the Financial Services industry for over 25 years at some of the world's largest institutions including Credit Suisse, RBS, Lloyds Banking Group and BlackRock.
Derek is a professional and passionate IT Systems/ Technology Trainer with 25 years of experience within Asset Management, International/National Banking and Foreign Exchange. He builds, develops and motivates teams using outstanding interpersonal skills. An approachable, positive and self-motivated individual with the ability to promote the benefits of training to improve efficiency and productivity of the business and its people. Also a specialist in Change Management, End-User Adoption, Project Management and Relationship Management.
Throughout his career Derek has been a mentor/ coach offering individuals support in various scenarios ranging from:
- Preparing for mid and year end reviews
- Career progression and promotion
- Dealing with difficult interactions
- 30 - 60 - 90 day plans when starting a new role
- How to navigate and build confidence in an organisation
- Networking and building relationships
Derek has also volunteered for various charities, offering telephone support and face to face support.