I have been described as 'trustworthy, supportive, approachable, tenacious, entrepreneurial and a kind and generous leader', however don’t take my word for it, read some of my LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopherlaas/) recommendations.
I love helping brands accelerate to resilient growth. I like to keep things simple and I move fast. My strong commercial aptitude compliments my many years’ experience in a wide range of creative, marketing and senior management roles, working in many sectors, servicing both B2C and B2B clients and customers alike. I am passionate about building teams from the ground up - bringing together the right people to help achieve an ambitious vision.
A few notable achievements:
• Founded and managed Etch Growth, the business unit responsible for digital and growth marketing at Etch UK Ltd, growing revenue by 700% over 5 years, to just over £1 million in the last FY. Grew my team from a single staff member to a team of 13 staff in 4 years, while improving the department’s net margin by 65%.
• Bought and managed Kids' Rooms Ltd, a niche, high-end children's furniture and accessories e-commerce business. Grew revenue organically (without any external investment) by 500% over 5 years, to 6-figures, maintaining a profitable balance sheet throughout. Realised a 650% return on my initial investment in Kids’ Rooms when I managed and facilitated the sale of the company to a private UK investor in late 2013.
• Founded the Christmas Café, a homeless café with 100 volunteers serving 60-70 homeless people each day over the Christmas week (leading to a weekly café that has been running for 13 years).
I am always excited to discuss opportunities with:
• Ambitious entrepreneurs just starting out, who want to avoid costly mistakes
• Ambitious entrepreneurs wanting to grow fast and profitably
• Busy leaders wanting to upskill and supercharge their team
• Entrepreneurs looking to buy or sell their business
• Entrepreneurs for potential investment in their business